Saturday, March 22, 2008

This Is a Great Time of Year...

I know I am supposed to write more frequently here but I was never good at homework either. My only excuse is that it is a great time of year and things get busy. The months of March and April might be my two favorite months of the year.

Spring Training is in full swing and it should be an interesting year for the "underdog" Yankees. Yes, I did just use the word underdog and Yankees in the same sentence. When you have 3 rookie pitchers who are important parts of your staff you cannot be considered the favorite. Let's hope these Yankees have a flair for the dramatic in this last season in Yankee Stadium.

March Madness stepped things up yesterday after a slow opening night. UConn losing in the first round is a great thing to see, as we hope that Miserable Coach of theirs goes away sometime soon. Today's Duke/WVU game should be a great one to watch.

Here's something interesting to think about also. Remember when St John's was a powerhouse? It was not too long ago and in the last decade things have gone to crap. Why are the best NYC High School players all playing for Jamie Dixon at Pitt? Between St John's and the Knicks this is the worst I have seen NYC basketball in my lifetime (32 solid years and counting). This needs to change. FAST!

Lastly I have 2 fantasy baseball drafts in the next 48 hours. I must say that the next few days are going to be a lot of fun.....

Lastly, here are some photos of the New Yankee Stadium.

No comments: