Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Another Reason I'll Never Go To Starbucks


Have you seen the bigger piggies
In their starched white shirts
You will find the bigger piggies
You will find the bigger piggies
Stirring up the dirt
Always have clean shirts to play around in.

George Harrison wrote it but The Beatles performed it. They represented everything that was great about the 60's. There was no bullshit with them and they were against the corporate "piggies". That's why I was sickened to read that Paul Mccartney signed a deal with Starbucks Records. Starbucks already ruined coffee, a drink that should never be more than 75 cents a cup. Now this. Like Paul couldn't find any other label? I know those are corporatons too but atleast they are music companies. Maybe this was after negotiations broke down with Verizon Records and Chevron Records. But I guess if a one legged broad was taking me to the cleaners for $60 mill, I might be a sellout too.

No comments: